Event: Canadian Market Opportunities (Go Global webinar)
Date: March 5, 2014
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Did you know.....
- U.S. small & medium sized businesses export to Canada more than any other country.
- In 2011 U.S. small to medium sized businesses accounted for more than $41 billion in exports to Canada.
- Since 2004 the #1 Pennsylvania export market has been Canada.
- Canada accounts for 20% of total U.S. trade.
- Canada is a member of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), which allows trade to move more freely between our borders and eliminates tariffs.
- Canadian companies are safe and trustworthy.
- Transportation costs are low.
- Canadian culture is similar to U.S. culture, plus there is little to no language barrier between the two.
- General overview of the Canadian market with specific market opportunities
- How to participate in Canadian government procurements
- Ease of exporting to Canada & benefits of the Free Trade Agreement
- Local, State & Federal export programs & resources to assist your company in Canada
Presented by E-Magnify, the U.S. Commercial Service, the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, Duquesne University Small Business Development Center, St. Vincent College Small Business Development Center, and the U.S. Small Business Administration.