We are pleased to announce a new partnership with PowerLink. Through a strategic alliance, PowerLink programs will now be offered exclusively by E-Magnify.
"PowerLink complements the services already offered by E-Magnify, such as business counseling, education and training and mentoring programs, including ATHENAPowerLink and the Women Presidents' Organization,” said Jayne Huston, director, Seton Hill University’s E-Magnify. “Our alliance will be a great advantage to all of our clients who will now have the opportunity to participate in exciting and impactful new programs.”
"For more than 20 years, PowerLink and E-Magnify have been the recognized leaders in the western Pennsylvania women’s entrepreneurial community,” continued Huston. “This strong new alliance is a tremendous advantage for women-owned businesses in the region.”
Lee Ann Munger will lead PowerLink for E-Magnify from a satellite office at the Riverside Center for Innovation on the Northside of Pittsburgh. She is charged with continuing to direct the program's strategic plan and working to successfully integrate PowerLink with E-Magnify.
"After two great years at the University of Pittsburgh's Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, PowerLink is returning to its roots as an organization that focuses exclusively on women entrepreneurs," said Munger.
Founded in Pittsburgh, PA in 1991, PowerLink is a unique and proven resource for advancing women-owned businesses.
The PowerLink Advisory Panel Program is a core program and provides women business owners with a high level panel of business advisors. The customized Advisory Panels are composed of volunteer business professionals who are carefully chosen to meet the specific needs of the company. PowerLink maintains a database of approximately 400 professionals who have served on the Advisory Panels. These individuals are highly experienced in their fields and represent some of the top firms in the region.
Since 1991, PowerLink has provided Advisory Panels to more than 200 women business owners. PowerLink has worked with firms in virtually every businesses category ranging from printing to technology to manufacturing. Recent survey data reveals that annual revenues increased 46 percent and the number of employees increased 22 percent as compared with the PowerLink baseline. Additional PowerLink programs that will be offered through E-Magnify include the following:
- PowerLink Protegee, an advisory program for earlier stage companies;
- WBE SuperPanel, an advisory program specifically for WBE (Women's Business Enterprise)-certified businesses;
- Financial Boot Camp, an intensive one-day finance workshop specifically for business owners;
- PowerHour Lunch, a monthly lunch series on topics of interest to women business owners;
- CEO Circles, a peer-to-peer advisory program for PowerLink alumni;
- PowerBuild, an experiential leadership development program for corporate managers and executives; and
- Connect the Dots, PowerLink's annual event uniting the entire PowerLink community.